Embracing an Art of Discipline

Embracing the Art of Discipline

I believe that discipline is more than just a word; it is a way of life that lays the foundation for personal growth and character development. My friend and I often embark on daily conversations that revolve around the essence of discipline, and we have come to realize that it goes beyond a mere set of rules. Instead, discipline is like a compass that guides us towards humility, honesty, faithfulness, and a life of purpose. It is an art that requires dedication, persistence, mindfulness, and good conduct which obviously means that when a character is lost everything is lost.


I was born into a family that is dedicated to God. At the age of ten, while I was in grade five, I began acting improperly, which irritated my parents. My nearby friends, some of whom were my age and others who were older than me, were responsible for my altering attitude. I started coming home late from school, walking outside without permission, and saying nasty things that I overheard my friends say to one other. 


We all know that a horrible business failure, good morality, and habits I established led to me being disobedient, disloyal, impolite, and dishonest. My mother used to pray for me every night so that I would change my conduct while she tried to punish me, but she was unsuccessful. It didn't take long for my conduct to affect my performance in class; I had received bad grades in a row, but I didn't care at the moment. 


I chose to modify my conduct when I was eleven years old because the way I was behaving was causing my mother to cry, and I didn't want to see my mother cry again because of me. I've discovered that anytime a child performs poorly in class, the first thing to look at is his or her connection with their parents. I am adamant that the parent-child bond has a direct influence on a child's academic success. As a consequence, our parents bestow blessings on us in whatever we do.


As I've aged, I've come to realize that during my younger years, I didn't fully grasp the concept of self-love. I now understand that self-discipline and self-love are closely intertwined.


To truly love yourself, it's essential to be disciplined when establishing and maintaining healthy limits, habits, and routines that support your overall well-being and growth. This means making choices and engaging in behaviours that prioritize your physical, emotional, and mental health, even if it requires effort, consistency, and occasionally saying "no" to things that could potentially harm or hinder your progress.


In short, self-love requires self-discipline and healthy habits. Prioritizing physical, emotional and mental health is worth the effort.




Comments